Forrest Legal – Legal Services
The director of Forrest Legal is Rob Forrest, a Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Property Law Specialist with more than 30 years of experience in both private legal practice and government. Forrest Legal was first established in 1989 in country Victoria and relocated to Melbourne in 1997.
Rob’s background includes:
- Assistant Director of Victorian Government Land Monitor
- Many years of private practice specialising in property related legal services including compulsory acquisitions and adverse possessions in addition to Wills, Powers of Attorneys, Probate and claims against Estates
- Managing the Law Institute of Victoria’s Property Law Advisory Service
- Legal Advisor to the Estate Agent’s Council which provided policy advice on estate agency matters to the Minister for Consumer Affairs
- Legal Framework Manager of Electronic Conveyancing Victoria, a business unit within the Department of Sustainability and Environment
- Senior Solicitor with Land Victoria Legal within the Department of Sustainability and Environment
What is an Accredited Property Law Specialist?
An Accredited Property Law Specialist is a solicitor who is recognised by the Law Institute as having enhanced skill levels as well as substantial involvement in legal specialty areas. There are only 71 Accredited Property Law Specialist in Victoria.
Why use an Accredited Property Law Specialist?
The Law Institute requires that specialists demonstrate superior knowledge, experience and proficiency in Property Law to be recognised as a specialist.